Sunday, March 31, 2013

Hi!

Hi everyone!  Welcome to my blog!  My name is Nikki and I'm a Navy wife.  I'm so proud of my husband and all he does for our country, but I know making the transition from to military spouse can be a very difficult one to make.  I grew up as a Navy brat, and then joined myself, where I met my amazing husband nearly five years ago.  We're getting ready for our first PCS move together, and it struck me that this is very stressful for someone who has been through it multiple times, and I couldn't imagine what it must be like for someone with no military experience at all! Which brings me to why I started this blog.

I wanted to have a place for people to ask questions about military life, why your spouse can't always call, how to handle a long (or even short) deployment, should you move on base or take BAH and move off, and so many more questions I know so many people have!  I'll also include tips for staying close to your family that may be spread across the country, military terms and acronyms, as well as some fun DIY projects, recipes, and shopping tips. 

This is not an easy life, but it is so worth it!





1 comment: